Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of the patients, members and communities we serve. We are a locally owned and operated not-for-profit healthcare system known nationally for our extensive experience in integrating healthcare financing and delivery.
We’ve grown from a small tuberculosis sanatorium founded in 1908, to a system of eight hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group with more than 800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians and a statewide health plan. We serve one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
Our regional hospitals provide both acute and preventive care: from surgical, ambulatory and emergency services to health fairs, fun runs, and prevention and screening programs. We seek to provide the most affordable and effective care possible. To help achieve this goal, we continue to look toward the future, making prudent investments in modern equipment and technology – such as MyChart and Video Visits – that make patient access and care management easier, more convenient and affordable.
We are governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees comprised of community leaders. These individuals have included members of the Navajo Nation, theologians, business leaders, educators, medical administrators and others. They donate their time and energy to ensure that we maintain superior caregiving, deliver high-quality healthcare and work tirelessly to create a healthy New Mexico, now and for years to come.
Job Title:MD- INTERNAL MEDICINE - RR ADULT HC
EmployerPresbyterian Healthcare Services
PostedMonday, April 30, 2018
Approximate SalaryNot Specified
Specialty 1Internal Medicine
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: PMG - RR High Resort 4005
M.D., board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine. State of New Mexico Medical License.
Competencies and skills:
· Makes all professional medical judgments in the care of patients seen.
· Manages and oversees the physician/patient relationship.
· Participates in systemwide health management initiatives.
· Provides input into the practice site’s financial, clinical, and service quality performance; budget; capital plan; and personnel issues.
· Assists in the development and implementation of clinical and service standards.
· Receives and resolves patient complaints.
· Participates in the recruitment and replacement of other providers.
· Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, inservices, and workshops.
· Performs other functions as required.
* Providing a Continuum of Care Approach
* Communicating with Individuals & Groups
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Diagnosing & Resolving Problems
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Makes all professional medical judgments in care of patients seen
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos’ nuclear scientists, Roswell’s visitors from outer space, and
Santa Fe’s artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation’s best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.Apply now
To avoid burnout and manage your stress, it is vital to make time for yourself. If you are struggling…
Interviewing for a new job? If you’re like other young doctors and lifestyle is an important factor…
You had three job offers, but you were hooked by the rural hospital that dangled the $50,000 signing…
Automatically receive an email alert when there are new jobs for this search