Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of the patients, members and communities we serve. We are a locally owned and operated not-for-profit healthcare system known nationally for our extensive experience in integrating healthcare financing and delivery.
We’ve grown from a small tuberculosis sanatorium founded in 1908, to a system of eight hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group with more than 800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians and a statewide health plan. We serve one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
Our regional hospitals provide both acute and preventive care: from surgical, ambulatory and emergency services to health fairs, fun runs, and prevention and screening programs. We seek to provide the most affordable and effective care possible. To help achieve this goal, we continue to look toward the future, making prudent investments in modern equipment and technology – such as MyChart and Video Visits – that make patient access and care management easier, more convenient and affordable.
We are governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees comprised of community leaders. These individuals have included members of the Navajo Nation, theologians, business leaders, educators, medical administrators and others. They donate their time and energy to ensure that we maintain superior caregiving, deliver high-quality healthcare and work tirelessly to create a healthy New Mexico, now and for years to come.
Job Title:MD- PEDS PULMONARY
EmployerPresbyterian Healthcare Services
PostedMonday, February 27, 2017
Approximate SalaryNot Specified
LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico
Specialty 1Pulmonary Disease
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
* Medical Degree
* NM Medical License
* Board Certified - Pediatrics
* Board Certified or Board Eligible - Pediatric Pulmonology
• Makes all professional medical judgments in the care of patients seen.
• Manages the physician/patient relationship.
• Participates in system-wide health management initiatives.
• Provides input into the practice site’s financial, clinical, and service quality performance; budget; capital plan; and personnel issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of clinical and service standards.
• Receives and resolves patient complaints.
• Participates in the recruitment and replacement of other providers.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, inservices, and workshops.
• Performs other functions as required.
Competencies and skills:
* Providing a Continuum of Care Approach
* Communicating with Individuals & Groups
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Diagnosing & Resolving Problems
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
To avoid burnout and manage your stress, it is vital to make time for yourself. If you are struggling…
Interviewing for a new job? If you’re like other young doctors and lifestyle is an important factor…
You had three job offers, but you were hooked by the rural hospital that dangled the $50,000 signing…
Automatically receive an email alert when there are new jobs for this search